GAIM, GTK and Xphoton
- First download the GTK/GLIB libraries and the GAIM executable from http://www.nexwarecorp.com/Developers/repository.html or http://www.audreyhacking.com/files/. You'll have the files glib-gtk-1.2.tar.gz and gaim.gz.
- Using the same setup as the Xphoton howto, mount a QNX filesystem. You should put the 4 files in glib-gtk-1.2.tar.gz into /mnt/QNX6.1/usr/local/lib and put the gaim executable in /mnt/QNX6.1/usr/local/bin. To make the paths easier, I did a ln -s /mnt/QNX6.1/usr/local /usr/local.
- You may need to reboot to get the paths and libs updated.
Now with Xphoton already set up and running:
- export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
- export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
- After a rather longish wait, the GAIM login screen appears and looks great! Enter your user name and password and your budy list appears and looks great!
- Some problems:
- when you try to double-tap a buddy, the chat window is long, many times the width of the screen.
- the buddy list is no longer readable (same overlaying window stuff I described before).
- if you double-tap the title bar of the chat window, it will fill the screen and be usable, but if you switch windows or try to open new chats, the whole thing gets terribly messy FAST.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.