What is VNC?
VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is, in essence, a remote display system which allows you to view a computing 'desktop' environment not only on the machine where it is running, but from anywhere on the Internet and from a wide variety of machine architectures.
The latest versions of VNC and this documentation are always available from the AT&T Labs Cambridge web site at http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc.
Adding VNC to your audrey
- First download and extract the http://www.audreyhacking.com/files/vncviewer.ph.gz file onto your audrey.
- chmod it +x: chmod
- execute it by the following command:
- ./vncviewer.ph xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[:X]
- Where the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your IP and the :X is the port
- waalaa a VNC terminal on your audrey.